Monday, May 3, 2010

I Was Shot Twice

When I got shot the first time by Tri Binh... the bullet was so powerful it knocked me to the wall. I could feel my body slam against the wall, and the next time I opened my eyes I was on Rat Kiley's lap. I kinda felt safe it his lap because Rat Kiley was a great medic.
Then all I remember was laying there alone, I can hear the battle and the bullets flying thru the air. I also could hear my mind racing... crazy thoughts going thru my head. I've been shot, I've been shot.
Then I thought about all the movies I watched when I was a kid, when somebody got shot in a movie they most likely die. Will I be like the people in the Gene Autry movies, Im I going to die?
I was so scared... I was so scared I could smell the fear in the air.
Then I could hear a voice it was Rat's, "easy does it, just a side wound, no problem unless you,re pregnant."
Then I could hear his voice in the back of my head, trying to make out what he is saying. "Don't worry about the baby."
Then I remember being in the chopper with two dead guys...
Getting shot should be an experience which you can draw some small pride. Nothing to much but to talk about what it is like to get shot. Like the thump of the bullet, and how the bullet steals your breath right out of you.

1 comment:

  1. dude that had to hurt. you got shot on the side and in the ass.

    ReplyDelete